Friday, January 18, 2008

Marc is the Man

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Victoria Beckham is starring in the Marc Jacobs ads for spring 2008, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm excited about them.
It's a fun new concept, and since Juergen Teller is on board to shoot the campaign as always, it's much more exciting to me
than just a glossy boring ad...which she probably could have chosen, but didn't. SO, props to Victoria. Especially for choosing
the ad campaign that makes fun of her. I don't know many people who could walk the red carpet in Chanel high waisted
sequined hotpants, and she's done it. As much as she bothers me sometimes, I can't help but feel like she's pretty fabulous.
Marc Jacobs is having fun with this, and any advertisement with the backwards and upside down (well, practically) is going to 
be eye catching.
I still don't know how anyone could walk in those shoes...I'm afraid I would be clomping around. 
Hm. Maybe I can stop by the store later and give you guys an update on how these things actually work.

No comments: