Sunday, February 24, 2008

And the Oscar Goes To...


As I prepared myself for tonights big 80th Annual Academy Awards and the mini-viewing party that I was throwing for my friends and I, I had one gal on my mind--the fabulously French Marion Cotillard. 
I hummed along to Edith Piaf's reverberating tones all day long as I made final stops at Party City and Whole Foods Market for fruit and sparkling cider, and I made sure to visit thefashionspot and numerous articles around the web to see who was actually a contender for the prestigious Best Actress award.
And then finally tonight the moment came, and Marion's name was called and I couldn't be happier that she has achieved this grand success.  She is a beautiful dresser, and tends to go for chanel couture (and pulls it off!) and simple hair and makeup, but tonight she pulled out all the stops with a little John Paul Gaultier and movie siren-esque hairdo.
She shook as she thanked her director and fellow actors, and then went on to thank life and love, la vie, l'amour.




No comments: